Becoming an approved live corrector
Clevercast is a growing Belgian company developing innovative B2B solutions for streaming. Our SaaS software is used worldwide in various sectors. Particularly, our solutions for multilingual live streaming are on high demand.
Are you looking for a challenging and versatile job with freedom and responsibility? Apply now as a freelancer.
Step 1: Reviewal of experience
We are seeking freelance ‘real-time transcription correctors’ to join our team. As a corrector, you will be responsible for refining and editing closed captions – which are AI generated – just before they become visible to the viewers of a live stream. Your keen attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment will ensure accurate and high-quality captions for the viewers of a live stream. Events take place around the world, which is why all correction is done remotely. Currently, all languages are welcome.
- Watch live streams on the Clevercast platform and review the automatically generated closed captions in real-time. Correct any errors or inaccuracies in the captions promptly and efficiently.
- Use the Clevercast interface to ensure that the captions are aligned with the audio content of the live stream and provide an accurate representation of the spoken words.
- Edit and refine the automated captions to improve readability, grammar, punctuation, and overall clarity.
- Become familiar with industry-specific terminology and language to ensure accurate captioning for particular live streams.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect privacy guidelines while working with sensitive or classified content.
- Provide feedback to the Clevercast team on how to improve the automated captions and correction interface.
- Proven experience in real-time transcription correction, editing, or related fields.
- Excellent command of the caption language, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to quickly identify and correct errors.
- Proficient in using computers, software and text editors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Flexibility to work during non-standard hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as live events may require.
- Knowledge of different domains or industries, with the ability to adapt to various subject matters.
- Technical requirements: a fast, wired internet connection and a decent computer or laptop and headset
- Familiarity with transcription software and/or live stream captioning.
- Familiarity with industry-standard transcription style guides and best practices.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and regulations.
- Optional: Proficiency in multiple languages.
Please complete the form below to get started. After submission, your cv is reviewed for approval.
Step 3: Approval
When you are approved as a corrector for our platform, you will be added to our database. Next, you will be requested to complete a connectivity test to our servers. Whenever we receive a client’s request that corresponds with your language(s), we will contact you regarding your availability. If all terms of both parties are met for the specific request, you will receive online training of the platform.
Regarding workload: we purely work event-based. This means we can’t provide estimates or averages on how much work you will receive as this is dependent on different factors, and thus varies widely.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions in the meantime.