Becoming an approved interpreter
Clevercast is a growing Belgian company developing innovative B2B solutions for streaming. Our SaaS software is used worldwide in various sectors. Particularly, our solutions for multilingual live streaming are on high demand.
Are you looking for a challenging and versatile job with freedom and responsibility? Apply now as a freelancer.
Step 1: Reviewal of experience
We are looking for simultaneous interpreters to meet our clients’ demands. Events take place around the world, which is why all interpretation is done remotely. Currently, all language combinations are welcome.
- You listen to the incoming stream on our platform (called the Interpreter room)
- You translate the audio in real time
- Your translated audio is sent to the viewers
- You can request handover from another interpreter inside the same Interpreter room
- You can use interpreter relay
- Optional: bilingual language rooms allow a bilingual interpreter to translate back and forth between two languages
- Technical requirements: a fast, wired internet connection, a decent computer or laptop and headset
- Perfect command of target language (near-native) and excellent understanding of source language
- Attention to detail and ability to execute tasks with accuracy
- Some experience is recommended, but not required
Please complete the form below to get started. After submission, your cv is reviewed for approval.
Step 3: Approval
When you are approved as an interpreter for our platform, you will be added to our database. Next, you will be requested to complete a connectivity test to our servers. Whenever we receive a client’s request that corresponds with your language combination(s), we will contact you regarding your availability. If all terms of both parties are met for the specific request, you will receive online training of the platform.
Regarding workload: we purely work event-based. This means we can’t provide estimates or averages on how much work you will receive as this is dependent on different factors, and thus varies widely.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions in the meantime.